Birgitte Hinge: Proud teacher of the Pilates method
My initial training in the fitness industry was as a Personal trainer, I was very fortunate through international conventions to be introduced to the wonderful world of Pilates, I found huge benefits from Pilates to my body, being a mad keen cyclist (road and mountain) and a very active person, I put my body under a lot of pressure and exposed it to muscle imbalances (hence the name) injuries and postural issues. Pilates keeps me on by bike and every day I feel the benefits of the method. I have been teaching Pilates and personal training since 2003 and have witnessed its benefits. I believe that teachers must be well trained and complete continuous professional training to keep them current.
- Diploma in Sports Studies through Otago University
- Certificate in Pilates Institute (UK)
- Peak Pilates System Professional Certificate (Peak Pilates Institute USA)
- Certificate in Personal Training/ Certificate in Pilates (Netfit NZ)
Frederique Masson or “Fred”
I have always been devoted to Health, Wellbeing and helping others. I have a background in Nursing (in France and Switzerland for over 20 years), Massage therapy (Swedish and Sports) and Sports Nutrition.
I discovered “Pilates” when we moved to New Zealand in 2006. The more I practiced, the more I wanted to learn — I was hooked! I decided to train to become an instructor so I could share my passion.
I live Pilates and have seen the benefits and changes this incredible method of training can bring.
- Nursing Diploma in France
- Certificate Massage Classique (HP Formation Geneva) and Sports therapy (New Zealand College of Massage)
- Certificate in Sports Nutrition (Netfit NZ)
- Romana’s Pilates Certificate (Romana’s Pilates)
- Certificate in Myofascial Stretching (The American Institute of Applied Soma Training)
- Certificate ELDOA 1&2 (The American Institute of Applied Soma Training)
Ten years ago, looking for a new way to exercise and reduce back pain, I went with a friend to a Pilates session at “In Balance Pilates” and was hooked. Pilates has enabled me to maintain a fit, flexible and strong body. With my back improved I went back to tramping (my first love) and once again enjoyed multi day trips. In 2016 Birgitte encouraged me to begin Classical Pilates Training with Netfit and I can now share the benefits of the Pilates System with others through my teaching.
- Certificate Netfit NZ